Staff Ombudsman I-SON-Nursing- Research-
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides advocacy, education and outreach in order to help residents, families and staff achieve the best quality of life in Texas long-term care facilities as mandated by the Older Americans Act. Supports planning and implementation of program activities which includes:
• Educational outreach in the form of individual consultations and community presentations;
• Facility staff training through consultations and in-service presentations;
• Advocacy on behalf of the residents of long-term care facilities through individual casework;
• Regular visitation to assigned nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Advocates on behalf of residents in nursing and assisted living facilities through regular visits, individual casework, participation in care plan meetings, input on systems changes, and attendance at resident and family council meetings.
2. Assists with recruitment, training, and placement of state certified ombudsmen in long-term care facilities.
3. Educates residents, family members, staff members, and the general public on resident rights, the ombudsman program, and other topics related to long-term care through individual consultations and group presentations.
4. Practices effective time management in order to meet deadlines for visitation and achieve established standards for productivity (visits, consults, casework, etc.).
5. Other duties as assigned.
Customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution
Ability to work independently and excel in time management
Presentation skills (development and delivery)
Data Entry skills / Microsoft Office and Outlook heavily used
Bilingual communication skills preferred
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
One (1) year of customer service experience in social work, community-based programming, and/or advocacy for vulnerable populations.
Experience in aging programs and services is preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.