This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Development Coordinator and work closely with other members of management. He or she will be responsible for maintaining an exemplary volunteer program. The goal of this position is to provide a supplemental workforce of volunteers that allows the Galveston County Food Bank to fulfill its mission. Work schedule for this position is Tuesday – Saturday and some evenings.This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Two- year Degree preferred
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word programs and PowerPoint presentations
- Utilize the Sign Up Now volunteer calendar software
- Proficient picture taking skills, marketing assistance
- Create Monthly volunteer newsletter
- Working directly with government agencies
- 3 years customer service experience
- Outgoing personality for a high energy position in the community
- Highly organized and schedule oriented
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve in real time
- Ability to support work teams
- Assist in pantry and front desk when necessary
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish desired
- Electric pallet jack and forklift experience desired
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 50 lb
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $13.00 – $16.50 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Food Bank's mission is to provide easy access to nutritional food for the 1 in 6 residents of Galveston County that face hunger d...