Customer Service Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Leads Customer Service team consisting of experienced administrative, operative, and or technical roles in the Professional career track. Typically responsible for a large number of direct and indirect reports in a process or transactional operations environment. Coordinates schedules and workflow for the team. Focuses on team completion of assignments and routines. Ensures the orientation and training of employees.
- Manage the selection, hiring, training, development, performance assessments and disciplinary actions and coaching for staff.
- Provide direction regarding overall objectives and assignments to assigned team.
- Provide direction to staff for complex/sensitive member and provider inquiries, concerns, complaints, appeals, and grievances.
- Develop and manage relationships with direct reports
- Monitor individual and team internal metrics
- Support 7 day week call operations
- Monitor performance guarantee results as required
- Proactively orients all employees.
- Identifies customer needs and responds to inquiries with knowledgeable and timely responses
- Ensures timely execution of compliance with Cigna standards for all customer types.
- Identifies staff education opportunities and provides proactive training on a continuous basis.
- Manages and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Proactively manages the service requirements of the enterprise.
- Identifies network gaps and recruits qualified employees in accordance with network needs.
- Leads and provides oversight to projects or process improvement initiatives
- Creates strong working relationships with the internal departments involved in claim and call resolution, contract load, and claims audit activities, and monitoring these activities
- Serves as CIGNA advocate in external community.
- Facilitate appropriate meeting participation and follow up activities.
- Facilitates education and discussion on products, quality initiatives, etc. as identified
- HS Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Service Operations in a call center environment or other relevant customer service experience required
- Understanding of medical insurance products and associated customer issues, Medicare experience a plus
- At least 1-2 years of previous management or team lead experience preferred
- Experience communicating with providers a plus.
- Customer service experience required, claims experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and the ability to learn new software systems quickly
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Community that highlights what Cigna is doing around the globe to help improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.