Advanced Client Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Advanced Client Consultant
Basic Function: In this role, you will be responsible for creating medical plan review presentations for BCBSTX employer group clients and for presenting those reviews to the client. Creating the medical plan reviews and providing additional ad hoc analytics in support to your book of key accounts will require you to analyze health claims utilization and cost data to identify and interpret trends and patterns and assess medical and economic outcomes, with the goal of delivering actionable insights and potential strategies to decision-makers. The position will require you to partner closely with other BCBSTX teams (account management, pharmacy, clinical, etc) to create a holistic plan review for your clients. The position requires basic client-facing skills as well as a deep curiosity that will motivate you to get to the root of medical plan cost drivers as you prepare your client analyses.
* Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics OR 7 years experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics.
* Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
* Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
* Independently solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
* Works independently, receives minimal guidance
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
Preferred Job Requirements:
*Technical Skill: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, particularly lookups, pivot tables, charting.
*Analytical Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies; notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for opportunities or problems.
* Communication for Results: Ability to learn to tailor communication to diverse audiences; reads cues from diverse listeners to assess when and how to change planned communication approach to effectively deliver message; communicates equally effectively at varied organizational levels; understands others underlying needs, motivations, emotions or concerns and communicates effectively despite the sensitivity of the situation.
* Openness to Learning: Works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning/feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their professional development; exhibits a "can-do" approach and inspires associates to excel; develops a team spirit.
* Results Orientation: Focuses on the desired end results of one’s own or one’s unit’s work; develops challenging but achievable goals; focuses effort on the goals, and meets or exceeds them; develops clear goals for meetings and projects; maintains commitment to goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations; finds or creates ways to measure performance against goals; has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
* Teamwork: Reinforces team members for their contributions; works for solutions that all team members can support; shares expertise with others; seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge; provides assistance, information, or other support to others, to build or maintain relationships with them.
* Thoroughness: Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work; provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it; carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others work; expresses concern that things be done right, thoroughly, or precisely; completes all work according to procedures and standards.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ExpertiseAnalytics & ReportingJob TypeFull-Time RegularLocationTX - Austin, TX - Richardson, TX - Houston
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can call us at 1-866-977-7378 to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, a division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an independent licensee of the Blu...