This job is no longer accepting applications.
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Join the Counseling Services Program as the Receptionist/Intake Specialist! As the Receptionist/Intake Specialist you are responsible for providing the Counseling Services Program with administrative support in a number of key areas; including handling intake calls, scheduling client appointments, calling referrals, assisting walk-in clients, making reminder calls, making appropriate referrals to community resources as needed, data entry, and various other administrative functions. You also provide direct support to the program’s Program Director, Office Manager and Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, time management skills and organization skills.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as, excellent listening skills.
- You are Bilingual in English and Spanish (read, write, speak).
- You demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- You demonstrate ability to handle high volume intake line, triaging and responding to requests and scheduling client appointment in a timely manner.
- It is preferred that you have knowledge and experience of Trauma Informed Practices in interaction with clients.
- You demonstrate a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills while interacting with staff, clients, volunteers, vendors, and supervisors.
- You demonstrate a history of providing professional customer service.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You Performs intake functions, including answering Counseling Intake line, processing requests (phone and online portal) for counseling services in a timely manner, attending to walk-in clients, contacting referrals, scheduling new and ongoing client appointments, collecting client fees, making appropriate referrals to community resources as needed, and facilitating the completion of admissions documents.
- You handles data entry, including the entering of intake forms, outcome measures, and other program specific program forms.
- You process mail, faxes, and photo copies for the program.
- You Prepare packets for new clients.
- You stocks forms and supplies in the workroom.
- You make client charts, helps with filing, and pulling of records as requested.
- You perform other duties as assigned.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People of Faith. Helping People in Need. 💙 Serving ALL people in need throughout the Greater Houston region. Need help? ☎️ Call 713.526.4611