Senior Coordinator, Special Programs - Neurobiology & Anatomy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Oversees and coordinates all phases and activities of the Willed Body Program. The individual in this position will be dealing with people who are mourning the loss of a loved one, with people entering hospice care, and with family, sometimes in person, for the return of the cremated remains of their loved one.
Department: Neurobiology & Anatomy
Position Type: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Location: Texas Medical Center- Houston, TX
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Point of contact for all requests pertaining to the Willed Body Program
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Due to the nature of the program, being an after-death donation program, regularly dealing with emotional/stressful situations while communicating with family and loved ones
- Handling cremated remains and dealing with family for the return of cremated remains
- Management of all hard-copy and digital records pertaining to the program in coordination with the Human Structure Facility
- Managing finances for the program including invoicing, A/P, collections, Buycard submissions, Coupa ordering, budget projections
- Perform regular audits of program material
- Meeting planning, scheduling (monthly or as needed) and preparation of meeting material
- Annual IAORC collection of compliance material, annual meeting planning and preparation of meeting material
- Compliancy as required by the Anatomical Board of the State of Texas, attending annual meetings and planning of SAB meeting in 2022 hosted by our institution
- Adhering to standards set forth by UTHealth for audit preparedness
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant work experience in lieu of education.
- Three years of related experience.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
- This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.