This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Nutrition Coordinator is primarily responsible for compliance with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) requirements as well as Head Start Performance Standards and in promoting the health and wellness of each child by providing nutritional services that supplement and compliment those of the home and community. Geography of this position is flexible as the position will require extensive travel to programs across the counties as needed. This position reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Operations and is a member of the leadership team. Upbring is classified as an essential business by the state because the services we provide are critical to the wellbeing of thousands of children and families. Our Upbring staff members are servant-leaders on the pursuit of breaking the cycle of child abuse and empowering others to do the same through example while embodying our core values: We are Warriors. We are Servants. We are Family.
We Are Warriors | We Set the Standards for Child Education
- Consult and adhere to Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) regulations
- Review each child’s nutritional needs assessment (documentation and complete observation) within required
- timelines; recommend and refer for appropriate course of action
- Review nutritional/health information at least annually during program year for “returning children”, and address
- individual needs as identified
- Develop, review, modify, and evaluate menus to ensure the meal program meets standard nutritional
- requirement and individual nutritional needs of each child while ensuring menu options that are reflective of
- cultural preferences and broaden each child’s culinary experience
- Other duties and projects as assigned
We Are Servants| We Help Others
- Work with program leadership as needed in the implementation of nutritional initiatives and strategies
- Provide support, resources and if applicable, a plan of action upon receiving a referral for nutritional related issues/
- Provide nutritional education to staff members at Pre‐Service training and throughout program year as needed
- Support education staff in implementing nutritional activities that are incorporated into the classroom
- Attend and have active role in food services meetings
- Actively participate in collaborative and cooperative efforts and activities with the Head Start leadership, education team and cross-functional teams
- Work closely with staff and administration to ensure program operations are supporting and meeting program goals and objectives and learning outcomes
We Are Family | We Are Passionate & Compassionate
- Present a nutritional educational activities and trainings to parents at each center
- Provide individual and/or group nutritional counseling to families as requested or based on assessments results
- Work closely with the Superintendent and other Head Start leadership and staff to maintain focus on family engagement, health, and nutrition with program goals and objectives that meet the needs of the students and families
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with family advocates, classroom teachers, administrative staff, children, and parents to ensure the children are receiving a quality learning experience
- Work as part of the team and always show professionalism by modeling and demonstrating a positive attitude and working relationships, while maintaining strong ethical boundaries
- Actively participate in exhibiting cultural awareness and sensitivity when interacting with children, parent(s)/guardian(s), staff, and the community
- This role is a year-round position and scheduled to work as such. Any request for extend time off is subject to availability of vacation accruals, program needs and People Operations review and approval. Unpaid time off exceeding two (2) weeks will not be permitted and require change in employment status with required advance notice per Upbring policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or closely related field from a program accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian or Nutritionist
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or closely related field from a program accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prior experience working in low income diverse communities preferred
- Bilingual Spanish English based on service population
This position is eligible for promotion/transfer. If an appropriate position is available, the employee must meet minimum qualifications, including the promotion/transfer eligibility guidelines.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
- This position requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and using a computer for long periods of time
- Position works in a facility with and around children on a regular basis
- Lift, push, pull, move up to 75 lbs
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. While performing this position the employee with or without reasonable accommodation should have the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, speak, and hear with aid, see, read, reach with arms and hands, lift and/or move up to specified weight, and use equipment that is essential to performing the job, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile, if applicable. Specific vision requirements of this position may include color vision, seeing things close up, and the ability to adjust focus.
The statements herein indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of the job and may request the employee to perform other duties and responsibilities not listed at his/her discretion. This job description is not a contract between the employee occupying the position and the employer. Upbring is an at-will employer. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status. If the day-to-day work I perform differs significantly from the above outlined essential duties, it is my obligation to inform my supervisor and/or Organizational Development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Upbring is a nonprofit dedicated to breaking the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities.