Licensed Clinical Social Worker (IDD)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position serves as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) at an agency that serves adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, those on the Autism Spectrum, other related conditions, and the neurotypical population. The LCSW will need to have their standard license in good standing with the state of Texas. (Provisional licenses do not qualify.) The LCSW will be responsible for providing counseling and behavioral supports to persons served at The Center for Pursuit, in the community, and with other agencies collaborating with The Center. Knowledge and experience in assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, psychotherapy, and clinical documentation/progress notes. Some travel to various sites in the Houston area may be necessary.
Experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred, however training will be available. An LCSW that is bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred. Credentialing with insurance companies such as Medicare, TMHP Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna is preferred, however if not credentialed, The Center will assist with this process. Licensure must be eligible and in good standing to qualify for credentialing.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work followed by a completed 24 months of clinical social work practice as an LMSW subsequently qualifying the individual for the LCSW (standard license) and in good standing with the state of Texas.
Experience: Experience or desire to work with those who have intellectual and developmental disabilities is required. Experience with assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, psychotherapy, and progress notes.
Special Training/ Skills:
- Active listening, good social and communication skills
- Familiarity with various assessments and screening tools
- Familiarity with the Mental Status Exam
- Familiarity with writing progress notes
- Familiarity with behavioral support plans (will receive additional training).
- A desire to work with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities, dementia, and other co-occurring diagnoses.
- Must be culturally sensitive to various diagnoses, ages, disabilities, sexual orientations, and ethnicities.
Licensure/ Certification: LCSW through the state of Texas.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE Category III
Category III tasks do not involve exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is readily available to all that may be exposed to blood or bodily fluids
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Walking occasionally, speaking and hearing frequently, climbing stairs occasionally, moderate lifting up to 20 pounds, vision to follow for reading, use of office equipment, etc., sitting frequently, reaching overhead as needed.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a salaried position with mileage reimbursement for travel to site visits. The LCSW should have a reliable vehicle. The hours will be agreed upon between The Center’s LPC-S/Director of Clinical Services and the LCSW in accordance with the needs of the clients. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
DUTIES OF POSITION
- Conduct intakes, assessments, treatment plans, and psychotherapy for new and established clients.
- Assist with implementation of behavior support plans.
- Provide regularly scheduled monitoring visits to talk with the client, help reinforce positive behaviors outlined in the behavior support plan, and monitor for progress or regress of the client.
- Assisting with monitoring and analyzing behavioral data.
- Maintain clinical documentation through progress notes as well as the confidentiality of all records.
- Insurance submission and billing for services provided.
- Other agency specific duties that require social work functions.
- Weekly meetings with the Director of Clinical Services to discuss case formulation, ethical dilemmas, progress of persons served, and billing summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Center for Pursuit is a non-profit serving adults with intellectual & development disabilities through innovative residential, vocational and day ...