Community Health Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Community Health Supervisor is a part of the Equitable Access Team and works to design, develop, and manage initiatives that blend food distributions with nutrition education, and resource navigation services to improve the overall health of community members. This position ensures the smooth delivery of all Houston Food Bank Community Health Programs and supervises an array of staff on the front lines of serving people in need. This position represents Houston Food Bank in a variety of settings and advocates on behalf of the organization and the community it serves. This position is responsible for maintaining and managing relationships with various community collaborators and provides exceptional customer service and support to all internal and external stakeholders. Staff in this position must be passionate about helping others and believe in HFB's mission of Food for Better Lives.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus 1-3 years of closely related experience, or 3 years of closely related experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred. Community Health Worker (CHW) preferred or must obtain CHW within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability to operate computers, copier and other business equipment
- Able to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds (diverse client population, community organizations, as well as staff at all levels)
- Able to work cooperatively and coordinate well with other departments, personnel, volunteers and clients
- Able to speak to a large group of people and train them on specific tasks
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and complying with deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.