Medical Collections Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the Collections Representative, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by completing follow-up and collections for patient services. Under the supervision of the Business Office Manager/Business Office Supervisor, you will obtain payment from third party payers and self-pay accounts to enhance cash flow and gather reimbursement based on established contracts.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform follow up activities on accounts to ensure prompt payment
- You will identify coding or billing errors from EOBs and work to correct them
- You will monitor insurance claims and contact insurance companies to resolve claims
- You will update the patient account record to identify actions taken
- You will assign bad debt accounts to the collection agency
- You will act as a liaison and administer contracts in collection of third party accounts (Medicare and Medicaid)
- You will complete account reconciliation of accounts turned over to outside agencies
- You will negotiate payment plans on self-pay accounts
- You are responsible for maintaining accounts receivable and creating a reduction in bad debt
Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred
- Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology is preferred
Ambulatory Services Division is a growth-oriented business sector of HCA Healthcare. We encompass 140+ surgery centers across 16 states with 3,200 physician partners. We perform outpatient surgery cases in our single and multispecialty centers across HCA Healthcare. We are in more than 13 divisions. The size of our surgery centers creates a culture where everyone knows one another. We have a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Collections Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
share Share bookmark_border Save Job
location_on Houston, TX, United States
business_center Admitting Registration Clerical and Scheduling
domain HCA Healthcare
schedule Full-time • Days 7-10 Hrs/Wkdays Only
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Collections Specialist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Collections Specialist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.