This job is no longer accepting applications.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds, a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs routine to complex professional level Outreach Specialist Services that provide assistance and specialized support for prenatal patients and families of young children and builds relationships within the community.
- Interviews clients for initial intake to determine eligibility for low income programs (e.g., Medicaid, Texas Healthy Woman, Pregnancy Medicaid, CHIP, etc) and assists clients in completing applications, registrations and other necessary documents needed to apply for low income insurance programs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Achieves tasks such as multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, teamwork, people skills, documentation skills and creating a safe environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan mission, vision and values of HCA HOUSTON - SOUTHEAST.
What qualifications you will need:
- 1+ years experience enrolling patients in low income insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Texas Healthy Woman, CHIP, etc). Required (will consider relatable experience)
- 1+ years customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare setting, on phone and in person Preferred
- To perform this job successfully, the successful individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.