Associate Counselor Behavioral Science
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides professional behavioral and psychological interventions and assessment techniques for behavioral clinical research protocols and clinical programs. Impacts Behavioral Science Clinical Research protocols and Clinical programs
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Conducts initial consultations and follow up care for patients in the Tobacco Treatment Program:
* Delivers behavioral or psychological individual interventions and assessment techniques based on cognitive behavioral principals, motivational interviewing and other similar treatment approaches to patients in the Tobacco Treatment Program.
Maintains clinical documentation for the facilitation of patient care and collects data related to program evaluation:
* Maintains appropriate documentation of all clinical activities and initiates discussion of clinical issues as they arise with the Program Director, Assistant Director and other designated clinical and research staff. Collects data required for program review and evaluation.
Facilitates multidisciplinary interactions to optimize patient care:
* Maintain intra-and inter-institutional liaison with clinical/medical personnel as well as investigative staff through oral and written communication. Oral communication involves the use of the telephone in a clear concise manner and face-to-face interaction. Written communication requires the use of the computer keyboard, word processing spreadsheets and database software.
Assists in identifying areas for growth and collaborates with others to make program improvements.
Participates in clinical case conferences:
* Participates in weekly strategy meetings aimed at identifying needed treatment interventions, protocol and procedural changes.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: Master's degree in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related degree.
Preferred: Counseling experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 141474
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 55,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 66,000
- Science Jobs: Yes
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.