Lead Medical Insurance Verifier
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Lead Medical Insurance Verifier you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Lead Medical Insurance Verifier where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Lead Insurance Verifier, you will contribute to the company’s mission, vision, and values by verifying benefits and collecting patient information for scheduled surgery center patients. Under the supervision of the CBO Director or Business Office Manager, you will be responsible for payment collection and reimbursement.
What you will do in this role:
- You will supervise al insurance verifiers on all accounts to ensure accuracy
- You will obtain insurance pre-certification, verification, and interview patients prior to surgery
- You will obtain patient eligibility, authorizations, benefits, and claim information with insurance companies and 3rd party payers
- You are responsible for identifying patient accounts based on PPO, HMO, or other Managed Care Organizations
- You will contact patients and provide updates on benefit verification information and financial responsibility
- You will update the patient communication module, AdvantX, with appropriate authorization and benefit information
- You are responsible for creating financial arrangements, alongside management, when a patient is unable to complete payment
Qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of college or courses in secretarial skills preferred
- Three or more years of working experience in a healthcare environment performing clerical duties, business office functions, or billing duties in a hospital or physician practice setting required
Ambulatory Services Division is a growth-oriented business sector of HCA Healthcare. We encompass 140+ surgery centers across 16 states with 3,200 physician partners. We perform outpatient surgery cases in our single and multispecialty centers across HCA Healthcare. We are in more than 13 divisions. The size of our surgery centers creates a culture where everyone knows one another. We have a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Medical Insurance Verifier opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.