Social Adjustment Services Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Social Adjustment Services Coordinator
Full Time Regular
Houston, TX, US
15 days ago
Requisition ID: 1147
APPLYTO SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Social Adjustment Services Coordinator, Refugee Services
About the Organization
Interfaith Ministries (IM) for Greater Houston is an inclusive connector of people, faith communities and resources in our nation’s most diverse city, sustaining healthy and respectful lives for vulnerable populations and promoting interfaith relations and volunteerism.
IM provides four areas of service to the greater Houston community including: Meals on Wheels, Refugee Services, Interfaith Relations and Community Partners, and Volunteer Houston. Each of these programs serve different communities but all are based on our shared beliefs and aspirations of building a more respectful, connected and caring society.
Service is at the core of what we do at Interfaith Ministries. Through empathy and resilience, our employees help provide support to our community through programming and meaningful connections.
About the Role
The Social Adjustment Services Coordinator is a rewarding position that works with the Refugee Services Team to coordinate program enrollment and ensure our clients’ holistic services. The position works closely with all Refugee Services (RS) programs: Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Employment, Match Grant (MG), Youth Program, and Reception and Placement Program (R&P).
- Responsible for all program reports and communications related to Social Adjustment Services (SAS) and other initiatives under the program coordination.
- Conduct outreach efforts and coordinate the process to meet the program's annual proposed numbers established by the direct supervisor.
- Responsible for SAS and performance of the program, including SAS working groups, meetings, opportunities, case files, and monitoring.
- Meet the contract performance goals for Social Adjustment Services.
- Conduct outreach to enroll clients in the Social Adjustment program.
- Enter client information in the RS database and ClientTrack System.
- Provide prompt support for RMA end users.
- Provide case management services that address various clients' needs, including accessing state and federal benefits, medical and mental services, emergency services, orientation, and cultural adjustment services.
- Work closely with RS staff to remove client barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Document all activities provided in clients` case file, RS database, and ClientTrack as required by program guidelines.
- Provide information, referral, and hands-on assistance to clients to resolve a variety of needs.
- Help clients to apply for Food Stamps, Medical insurance, CHIP, Gold Card, SSI, and other public benefits.
- Ensure proper follow-up on the RMA application submitted by the RS staff and provide the necessary support.
- Assist clients with medical appointments, going to the doctor, getting medications, referrals for family wellness, and follow-up.
- Follow up with clients and report each client's progress to the supervisor and Refugee Services Staff.
- Refer refugee families to Employment, Match Grant, RCA, ESL, and other appropriate programs.
- Assess clients with unique problems and make appropriate referrals to solve such issues to sustain and achieve self-sufficiency.
- Maintain case files, physical and electronic format, on each client served and document all activities per program guidelines.
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate support services related to health, transportation, home management, and economic issues that include health advocacy, access to medical and mental health care, and other social services providers.
- Encourage participants to be actively involved in all phases of the process-assessment, planning, problem-solving, and finding resources to have active participants on the path of being empowered to use their strengths and resources to overcome their future problems and challenges.
- Coordinate refugee women enrollment in the WEP to assess and minimize cultural barriers.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor, which may include client transportation and airport pickup.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years experience working in case management or with refugee/immigrant populations
- High level of independent judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in one of the refugee languages (Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, Bhutanese) required
- Must enjoy working with culturally and ethnically diverse staff, clients, and volunteers
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some late nights and weekends
- Ability to drive a 12 passenger van is desirable
- Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IM for Greater Houston connects people for dialogue, collaboration and service. Meals on Wheels, Refugees Services, Interfaith Relations, Volunteer Ho...