Galveston County Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Program Manager, Meals on Wheels Galveston County
Position located in Galveston County
About the Organization
Interfaith Ministries (IM) for Greater Houston is an inclusive connector of people, faith communities and resources in our nation’s most diverse city, sustaining healthy and respectful lives for vulnerable populations and promoting interfaith relations and volunteerism.
IM provides four areas of service to the greater Houston community including: Meals on Wheels, Refugee Services, Interfaith Relations and Community Partners, and Volunteer Houston. Each of these programs serve different communities but all are based on our shared beliefs and aspirations of building a more respectful, connected and caring society.
Service is at the core of what we do at Interfaith Ministries. Through empathy and resilience, our employees help provide support to our community through programming and meaningful connection.
About the Role
The Galveston County Meals on Wheels Program Manager serves as the primary representative for the MOW Program in Galveston County. The Manager is responsible for the daily logistics and operations for MOWGC’s program. The Manager will ensure client satisfaction, operational compliance, safety, and process improvement by effectively managing operations personnel, inventory, vehicle fleet and operations equipment, delivery routes, warehouse and site operations. The Manager will play a key role in the expansion of service delivery for Galveston County and surrounding areas.
- Manage efficient and effective MOWGC meal delivery operations.
- Hire, develop and manage MOWGC staff. Ensure that staff is adequately trained and supported, has the necessary resources, meets expectations in key goal areas, and provides high quality client service. Work with Human Resources on payroll, employee relations, staff development, and other HR issues as needed.
- Oversee and coordinate daily meal delivery operations including paperwork preparation and distribution, route preparation and scheduling, and client procedures. Act as a back-up driver to ensure meal deliveries.
- Ensure compliance with all funders and government regulations, Implement corrective actions to address all identified issues. Lead all communications with HGAC-AAA representatives.
- Manage MOWGC operational activities that result in a high level of client satisfaction and excellent customer service. Proactively identify and report issues impacting client service. Respond to GC client inquiries and complaints and coordinate with other departments to resolve concerns. Assist with social services interventions as needed.
- Manage initiatives related to MOWGC program development, expansion, and innovation. Help ensure that MOWGC programs respond to changing client needs.
- Manage compliance for all MOWGC operational activities, including food safety, delivery within the window, route/driver monitoring, subrecipient monitoring, document review, procurement, staff and volunteer training, and other operational compliance requirements.
- Work with Director, MOW Operations on finances and budget, ensuring that required activities are accomplished within budget limits. Help identify opportunities for cost reduction, donated goods and services, and other strategic sourcing.
- Manage operational vendors to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Work collaboratively with MOW Volunteer Services to foster and develop new relationships, volunteers, and volunteer groups in the Galveston County area. Coordinate volunteer activities with MOW Volunteer Services, aniMeals, and serve as a representative for events that promote MOW’s programs such as Operation IMpact and Thanksgiving.
- Ensure warehouse operations are well managed and promote safety and efficiency. Monitor and document food safety and facility safety practices as required by contract/regulation.
- Manage meal ordering process, including USDA/donated food inventory management. Ensure inventory is maintained at proper levels and work to eliminate shrinkage/waste.
- Review and analyze delivery routes on a regular basis and implement changes necessary to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and increase service levels.
- Develop and manage a substitute driver program to provide coverage for scheduled and unscheduled driver absences.
- Coordinate MOWGC fleet maintenance and repairs with MOW fleet maintenance representative or service providers, ensuring that MOW vehicles are safe, well maintained, inspected and registered, and fit for delivery.
- Assist the Director, MOW Operations track and report on MOW program metrics and operational goals.
- Become familiar with and remain current on all MOW contracts, regulations, MOUs, funders and other key partners, and issues affecting the MOW client population.
- Collaborate with IM departments such as Volunteer Services, Development, Interfaith Relations and Community Partnerships, Volunteer Houston, Finance, MOW Administration/Compliance, MOW Billing, MOW Client Services and others to help ensure operational efficiency and compliance and the success of the MOWGC program.
- Ensure HGAC Service Log is current and accurate. Collaborate with HGAC to receive an
accurate Service Log for MOW Billing to utilize prior to monthly billing.
Oversee and ensure monthly distribution of health education information to clients.
- Participate in local, regional and national partnerships/associations.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Four years of program administration or operational experience.
- High level of independent judgment, leadership, and community networking.
- Knowledge of Galveston County and surrounding areas desirable.
- Ability to obtain Food Manager’s certification within 90 days of hire
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make decisions quickly with attention to accuracy, detail and context.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills; willingness to participate in IM’s media events.
- Must be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and adapt to change.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience with development applications and databases.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Automobile, valid auto registration and inspection, and valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IM for Greater Houston connects people for dialogue, collaboration and service. Meals on Wheels, Refugees Services, Interfaith Relations, Volunteer Ho...