Clinic Manager - Otorhinolaryngology - Texas Medical Center
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Manages and supervises the administrative functions, activities, and projects of a clinic including the coordination of all billing activities.
This is a full time role for the Otorhinolaryngology-ENT department that will report to our Memorial Hermann Plaza location in the Texas Medical Center. It is a position that is eligible for full benefits including great healthcare coverage and an outstanding pension plan run by the State of Texas.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Manages and coordinates the activities and administrative functions of a clinic. This includes establishing, reviewing, and revising policies and procedures.
- Supervises clerical and administrative employees to ensure the clinic operates in an efficient manner and that the patients receive high quality customer service.
- Manages the daily clinic operations including purchasing, space management, patient scheduling, and working with building personnel.
- Oversees and supervises the billing activities of the clinic and resolves any discrepancies between the patient, carrier, and physician ensuring proper billing codes are used.
- Assures all insurance information has been completely and accurately obtained. Documents all pertinent insurance information. Documents information given or received to support actions taken on insurance charges or referral issues.
- Communicates with patients and families regarding insurance issues. Communicates patient’s fiscal responsibility in a professional manner. Notifies appropriate work units of patient’s insurance coverage, authorizations, or status. Identifies all patients without third party financial benefits and directs them for financial counseling according to Financial Counseling and Revenue Cycle policies and procedures.
- Remains abreast of billing practices and maintains a working relationship with MSRDP to maximize clinical revenues.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reports statistical data to optimize the use of resources and staff.
- Functions as the clinic liaison to referring physicians, vendors, the public, and other departments within the institution as needed for the clinic. This includes telephone and mail service, equipment maintenance and repair, human resources, safety, security, etc.
- Coordinates and manages special projects and marketing activities in conjunction with the department Director and Medical Director.
- Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Thorough understanding of CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Five years of clinical management experience in an outpatient clinic.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Health Care Starts With You