Medical Staff Coordinator - UT Physicians Orthopedics Sugar Land Clinic
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides administrative assistance in the coordination of Medical Staff activities. Oversee the smooth operation of Medical Staff activities by acting as a liaison between the medical staff and health professionals.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Assures continuity of all medical staff and health professionals activities including: medical staff availability, patient admissions and scheduling, coordination of medical procedures, and patient outcome and satisfaction surveys.
- Organize and maintain patient data.
- Maintains confidential, accurate, and up to date files of medical staff and health professionals that may include: credentials, appointments, activities, publications, and other pertinent information.
- Coordinates all activities of the medical staff and health professionals’ office in order to keep accurate records and provides assistance when necessary to medical staff personnel.
- Establishes and maintains good communication with the medical staff and health professionals, administration, designated hospital department, and related health agencies.
- Prepares agendas and related material for all medical staff meetings; and takes, transcribes, and maintains minutes for such meeting, assuring expeditious follow-through on action items and policy changes.
- Assures overall continuity of medical staff and health professionals’ activities.
- Maintains a current committee membership roster for medical staff and health professionals.
- Maintains procedures and is knowledgeable of hospital bylaws.
- Coordinates the credentialing process including the medical staff applications, appointments, reappointments, and performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree, or, equivalent experience in-lieu of degree.
Three (3) years administrative experience, preferably in the hospital field.
Must possess a mastery of office skills and supervisor capabilities.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Health Care Starts With You