Bariatric Program Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
atients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services—wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders.
Coordinates a campus and community health and wellness initiative through the designated service lines responsibilities. Works with interprofessional team to facilitate overall programmatic growth. Focus on aspects of a healthy lifestyle through nutritional education and exercise.
- Foster relationships to facilitate collaboration for bariatric service line and patient education. Serve as a conduit for communication between administration, staff, MDs and other departments. Be a reliable resource and point of contact to increase knowledge, awareness and involvement of program activities of service lines. Collaboration with all areas of the hospital and outpatient services involved with patient population.
- Develop and liaise successful patient relationships and create outreach programs and opportunities within the surrounding communities.
- Develop and participate in health and wellness education and support groups.
- Coordinate and staff new education for bariatric and other health and wellness outreach programs.
- Focus on audits, quality Improvement and patient safety. Presents program data and outcomes to internal and external audiences such as accreditation site visits
- Serves as an educational resource on the MBSAQIP Data registry Platform for internal and external audiences by developing educational material and delivering presentations.
- Host quarterly Bariatric Service Line committee Meetings.
- Establishes a high level of customer service by facilitating referrals, providing information on clinical programs and services, and health and wellness educational programs.
- Support Bariatric Service line, other designated services lines and Community Health and Wellness.
Education and Licensure:
*Bachelor’s Degree required.
*Texas State Healthcare Licensure
*One (1) year of related work experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Organizational skills, customer service, health and wellness, medical terminology, basic anatomy, physiology, and disease process. Hospital departmental knowledge to coordinate relevant groups.
Microsoft Office efficiency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
St. Luke’s Health consists of hospitals, medical groups, and emergency rooms serving Greater Houston.