Supervisor Operations Supply Chain
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Supervisor Operations primarily responsible for leading a team and assisting manager or director in the coordinating, supervising, and evaluating all supply distribution functions for an assigned facility or facilities within CHI’s system. Responsible for managing appropriate inventory levels, supply expense, distribution, shipping, receiving, and stocking of medical supplies of given facility/facilities and providing stewardship of contract compliance. Additional responsibilities include training, coaching, and professionally developing subordinates.
- Assists manager and/or director in providing supervision, guidance and support of all inventory and logistics functions.
- Manages inventory levels to assure that supplies are readily available for patient care.
- Works collaboratively with staff as necessary to coordinate contract implementation and product conversions.
- Supervises individuals including but not limited to: assigning work, evaluating performance, and providing feedback.
- Actively leads training, team huddles, and one-on-one coaching.
- Ensures inventory and logistics team provides a high level of service and accountability to clinical staff.
- Oversees and monitors reports/metrics.
- Works directly with contracting team, value analysis, project leads, senior leaders, department leads, buyers, and data analysts to ensure projects are supported and implemented.
Education and Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline OR
- 3 years’ experience in the discipline OR
- Master’s Degree and no experience
- Minimum of three(3) years’ experience in Supply Chain within a health care system or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of OR experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Established leadership skills
- Knowledge of coaching and mentoring best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others in order to achieve targets within a determined time period
- Ability to prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders
- Ability to deal with conflict and difficult people
- Knowledge of automated ERP systems and processes
- Ability to process and present data clearly
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
St. Luke’s Health consists of hospitals, medical groups, and emergency rooms serving Greater Houston.