This job is no longer accepting applications.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Supervisor Clinic assists the Practice Manager with general supervision, direction, and support of the daily operations of the clinic in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. In the absence of the Manager, the supervisor has oversight of clinic operations.
1. Coordinates clinic activities and schedules personnel to ensure efficiency and quality service is delivered within all sections of the clinic.
2. Provides workflow and support to the clinical staff, assists the manager with identifying operational issues, and provides guidance for resolution.
3. Works with individual clinic management and medical staff, to evaluate, monitor and enforce clinic specific protocols, procedures and objectives; maintains compliance with federal/state regulations and standards.
4. Ensures charging/ reimbursement changes are integrated into every level of clinic operations by coordinating with the clinic team.
5. Serves as the point of contact for patient and external customer complaints. Investigates and reconciles complaints relating to practice operations.
6. Monitors the payroll system to help control employee time management.
7. May also be responsible for directly evaluating and disciplining staff members.
8. Assists the Practice Manager to facilitate training of new hires, reoccurring training, and other training initiatives.
9. Participates with the clinic management in pre-employment interviews and makes recommendations regarding hiring. May also be responsible for hiring positions in area of responsibility.
10. Monitors utilization of staff and supplies in assigned areas, and recommends appropriate adjustments to stay within budget guidelines while constantly improving the quality of health care.
11. Monitors compliance with policies, implements plans and recommends revisions as needed.
12. Monitors and maintains licensure certification requirements for assigned staff.
13. Supervises day-to-day clinic operations in the absence of the practice manager.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Specialized or technical training from a college or technical school for coding, medical assistant, or . Coding Certification preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
* 3 years related experience in a clinic/physician office is required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Working knowledge of medical office concepts, practices, policies, procedures, standards, systems and applicable tools.
* Ability to supervise staff, monitor and prioritize work flow, and provide effective training and guidance.
* Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills
* Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite applications such as Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of essential functions for the jobs that are supervised.
* Working knowledge of interviewing techniques and a good working relationship with Human Resources.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
St. Luke’s Health consists of hospitals, medical groups, and emergency rooms serving Greater Houston.