This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Admissions Coordinator serves as a liaison between physician, hospital and patient regarding registration, admission and scheduling. Coordinates and plans the daily operation for all pre-admission activities. Serves as the point of contact for the clinical assessment process, analyzes insurance requirements, collecting and transmitting clinical information to the appropriate parties. Assigns the Clinical Liaison for field contact, coordinates all aspects of referral/admission processes and compiles referral/admission statistical data. The Admissions Coordinator is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities by collecting and distributing the appropriate information. Identifies information needed from the referring hospital to finalize the admission.
- Previous inpatient rehab experience in a hospital setting is strongly preferred
- Education: High School and some college
- Experience: Three years' healthcare experience.
- Ensures excellent customer service by promptly greeting and answering patient/family questions and concerns in a positive manner.
- Responsible for all referral calls and handles each in a professional, enthusiastic manner; obtains all necessary demographics as well as clinical, financial, physician and family information at the point of referral to facilitate the assessment approval process.
- Assigns attending physician based on clinical requirements, to those patients without an admitting physician.
- Negotiates payor levels based on commercial insurance contracts.
- Conducts and coordinates family tours as needed, assuring that clinical, operational and financial questions are answered.
- Ensures that all required Admission and Registration documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and ensures eligibility and benefit verification and financial approval will be documented for all referrals to confirm financial viability of a possible admission and ensure the patient has sufficient benefits to cover their anticipated stay.
- Enters patients into registration and/or scheduling system accurately in a timely manner, verifies all previously obtained information, and initiates the pre-certification, pre-authorization and referral processes using multiple software and web pages to complete process following policies and guidelines outlined by individual departments and facilities as necessary.
- Responsible for meeting legal obligation to inform and educate patients regarding privacy laws, consent for treatment authorizations, financial contracts and advance directive rights and responsibilities; understands and interprets TJC, HIPAA and Fair Debt laws and practices
- Analyzes insurance requirements for specific accounts based on knowledge of plan requirements for authorization, pre-certification, referral, and notification; understanding of insurance contracts, government health plans including Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation and knowledge of guarantor rules, and accident/third party liability requirements
- Obtains appropriate releases and information; accurately identifies and verifies liable parties/insurance carriers by appropriate financial class and payor plan
- Collaborates to identify and rectify potential or actual barriers in meeting contractual obligations regarding pre-certification, referral, quality, and utilization review
- Achieves specific revenue cycle targets and goals as outlined in monthly performance scorecard maintaining accuracy requirements
- Attends in service and educational programs.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the Facility. Must be able to move about intermittently during working hours including standing, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to transfer patients and assists in emergency evacuations.
- Interacts with patients, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Exercises Universal precautions in this hospital environment to protect against the possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.