This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Discharge Planner / Social Worker is responsible for providing social service/discharge planning functions for the Facility.
- Manages all denials and appeals in a timely manner by scheduling peer reviews with physicians and ensuring timely completion of all paperwork.
- Communicates daily with Clinical Services Department staff regarding admissions and discharges ..
- Is knowledgeable of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, HMO and private insurance coverage.
- Performing psychosocial assessments on all patients to determine social service and discharge planning needs; always documents assessments in a timely manner.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Secures discharge/aftercare appointments for all patients that meet all local, state, federal and accrediting organization standards and regulations.
- Completes discharge/aftercare plans in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate with physician regarding social service/discharge planning needs of the patient. Assists the physician to facilitate post-hospital care.
- Maintains current knowledge of resources available within the community, maintain supply of resource materials to be distributed to patients when needed. Can obtain other resources as needed.
- Communicates with family members and caretakers regarding the needs of the patient and anticipated plans.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity..
- Is knowledgeable, through collaboration with the treatment team, of patient’s financial status, diagnosis and discharge needs.
- Collaborates with the Business Office and financial counselors, regarding patient’s insurance eligibility.
- Accurately completes the Appeal and Denial process in a timely manner while working closely with the Hospital physicians as appropriate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.