Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Human Resource Director is a part of the leadership team and works in conjunction with and under the Corporate Human Resources Manager. The HRD performs a variety of administrative services to support the corporate office and facility with payroll, recruitment, onboarding and compliance. The Human Resources Generalist must have the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment as well as uphold a professional and confidential attitude when dealing with employees and peers.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field is preferred
- Previous HR experience in a hospital or healthcare setting is strongly preferred
- At least one year of general human resources experience, including knowledge of basic labor law and benefits.
- Experience in payroll processing and timekeeping
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of HRIS platforms and experience in Paycom preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written..
- Ability to work with a team and learn/train self and staff members.
- Responsible for timekeeping system, assistance in labor management and payroll.
- Work with facility department heads to review employee time sheets to ensure accuracy of employee time.
- Responsible for applicant intake process, new hires, and general orientation. The HRM will screen applicants, assist with investigations, and make recommendations regarding hiring and counseling/disciplining employees.
- Ability to remain confidential to ensure all employees’ personnel files are maintained according to Federal and State regulations and corporate policies.
- Responsible for conducting training and facility in-services for new hires per Federal and State regulations and corporate policy, and ensuring policies are communicated and adhered to.
- Post positions within the facility to ensure all positions are filled in all departments.
- Run background checks on potential candidates to ensure that he/she meets state and corporate background regulations and rules.
- Support Corporate HR by maintaining payroll spreadsheets.
- Ability to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a level professionalism in all situations.
- Take directions well and conduct business, at times, with minimal guidance.
- Participates in Administrator on Call rotation with senior administrative leaders.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc, for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.