This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Dietary Director is responsible for the directing the overall operation of the Dietary Services Department in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local requirements, and as directed by the Executive Director or designee, to ensure the successful dietary program is maintained at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages and maintains nutrition services structure. Responsible for ensuring compliance based on regulations pertaining to nutritional services. Responsible for developing and adhering to departmental budgets within company guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works cooperatively and efficiently with Executive Director, consultants, and community staff in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating all aspects of the nutrition services and programs.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to departmental budgets.
- Assures meals are served according to the physician’s orders and in accordance to Federal, State regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Assures meals and snacks are appetizing and appealing and prepared according to the menus.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team assuring nutrition services compliance with goals and approaches set forth in the resident/participant plan of care.
- Assures all infection control procedures are adhered to in the preparation, distribution, service and storage of food and equipment.
- Maintains appropriate inventories of food, supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Supports the mission, vision and commitment and focus of the Facility
2. Is knowledgeable of patient/resident rights and promotes an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
A. Safety, including precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disasters plans, risk management, and security, reports and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
B. Confidentiality and privacy of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations data.
C. Compliance with all regulatory requirements.
D. Compliance with and enforcement of current law and policy to provide a work environment free from harassment as all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
A. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgement.
B. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
C. Reports complaints, problems and concerns regarding co-workers, management or residents in accordance with company policy.
D. Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family member and guests.
E. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
15. Agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct.
Education: Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
Experience: Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a Dietary Director/Manager position.
License: Food Manager
Works in office areas as well as throughout the Facility. Must be able to move about intermittently during working hours including standing, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to read, write and speak English language. Must be able to transfer residents and assists in emergency evacuations. Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances. Must be able to work with the disabled, ill, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people within the Facility. May be involved in community/civic health matters/projects. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses. Must be able to effectively communicate with the management staff, medical staff, nursing staff, and other unit supervisors. Maintains a liaison with residents, their families, support staff, etc, to assure that the residents needs are continually met.
Receipt and Acknowledgment:
I acknowledge and understand that:
Receipt of the job descriptions does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor and employment contract of any kind. My employment is contingent upon acceptable job performance at all times.
The job description [proves a vernal summary for the position in which I am employed that the contents of this job description are job requirements and at this time, I know of no limitation that would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I father understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am not able to perform these functions.
This job description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her direction. Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time. I agree to follow the instruction and duties as directs by management.
Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as week ass compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
I have read the above positions descriptions and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position and agree to abide by the requirement’s set forth.
Your application has been successfully submitted.