IDD Service Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Service Coordinator provides service coordination services for adults and children with Intellectual and developmental disabilities. Responsibilities include enrollments, assisting individuals, families and care providers in developing person-directed plans and individual plan of cares for the caseload. The service coordinator assists individuals and their families in identifying their goals, identifying and advocating for resources/services, coordinating the delivery of services, monitoring the progress of the plan and assisting with crisis prevention/management. Accurate documentation and billing of these services is required. The work environment is mostly field work (home visits, etc.) and some office work.
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness & Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment & Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based on ADA requirements)
The IDD Service Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for completing initial Service Coordination Assessment and updating it as needed
- Responsible for coordinating PDP development and implementation; includes facilitating initial/annual planning meeting and any needed revisions; assisting in developing individual plan of care (IPC) or Service Option package; making referrals to community resources; identifying barriers to plan implementation; maintaining communication with others involved in the plan and advocating for service needs on behalf of the participant
- Responsible for monitoring the participant's progress in relation to the PDP;
- Frequency of face to face monitoring is determined by the service coordination assessment tool and the needs of the individuals served and should be at a minimum at least every 90 days; maintaining contact with all relevant individuals as determined by the PDP and communicating with the participant/family regarding progress and/or changing needs.
- Accurately completes all required programmatic and administrative documentation within accepted timeframes. Ensures that all required documentation has been forwarded to appropriate personnel and/or filed
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- Must maintain a clear driving record and driver's license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-IDD.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a social, behavioral, or human service field including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human development, gerontology, educational psychology, education, and criminal justice.
- Minimum one year experience working with individuals with IDD.
- Knowledge of IDD resources, good interpersonal skills, knowledge of the social service network, good time management/organizational skills.
- High level of organization
- High level of time management skills
- Self starter
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs and email.
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field and/or Remotely setting(s).
- May require varied work hours depending on need of clients.
- Out of region travel may be required to attend trainings.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable transportation safe and current with all state requirements, and liability insurance.
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with the supervisor. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it relates to the program and position.
Job Related Physical/Mental Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other locations as needed; may include ability to bend/twist, kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it relates to program requirements. Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and observe objects within work setting.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to position.
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated trainings.
Work Site/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to hostile environment.
- May be subjected to high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to standard noise levels within working environment.
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus or plane may be required.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations as based on ADA requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better community healthcare promoting healthy living