This job is no longer accepting applications.
Clinical Director for Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic responsible for the ongoing care of 1,500 clients annually through the LGBTQ community center in Houston. Minimum six years’ professional experience in adult psychotherapy with at least one year’s experience (internship or field placement) with target population required.
- a terminal clinical license with supervisor status,
- strong clinical skills and experience,
- ability and willingness to do media about all of the issues that affect the Center’s clients, programs and stakeholders,
- ability to guide new program development,
- ability to network with the community and other providers on a local, state and national level to look for opportunities where we can assist in projects and where they can help us,
- ability to work with credentialing staff to present the clinical, certification, accreditation and licensure perspective with the goal of contracting and credentialing faster,
- ability to see the big picture in terms of the fiscal and legal liabilities to the Center and staff when assessing an issue, new program or request from staff
- highest of ethical standards and boundaries
- knowledge of or ability to quickly gain a knowledge of all the program requirements in the programs under the Clinical Director
Qualifications: PhD, LCSW or LPC required. Five years' supervisory experience. Graduate degree required from accredited program in Social Work, Psychology, Educational Psychology, or equivalent degree allowing for licensure. Training or certification in Substance Use Disorder Treatment a plus. If in recovery, a minimum of two years’ chemical-free required. Bilingual Spanish preferred. Detailed knowledge of community resources; special treatment issues of the LGBTQ community; issues relating to chemical dependency, twelve-step, and HIV treatment programs. Requires a life perspective accepting of a wide variety of people’s issues, attitude’s, and lifestyles.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Montrose Center to recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote staff members on the basis of merit and without discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, disability, religious preference, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering the #LGBTQHou community to enjoy healthier and more fulfilling lives 🌈 Offering education, resources, services & support since 1978.