Dispatcher - ARC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Dispatcher!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing routine clerical, receptionist, and dispatcher duties.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing Retirement Package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $14.33
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· 1+ years of administrative assistant experience required
· Experience in animal control or previous dispatch work is helpful, but not required
· Experience with high volume of phone calls, preferred
· Must be comfortable handling and around animals
· Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
· Must have good phone and problem solving skills
· Cash Handling and Computer literacy (speed and accuracy) skills required
· Quick learner that can adapt to new processes and procedures easily
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
· Customer Service Oriented.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Greet customers, answer general questions and direct customers to proper staff
· Provide forms and general information to visitors and forward completed forms to proper staff
· Place, answer, and transfer calls received at the Animal Resource Center
· Refer callers or visitors to services or resources at other agencies or organizations
· Collect fees and issues receipts according to policy
· Provide clerical support to supervisor including, but not limited to, typing, filing, etc.
· Responsible for entering information into the animal services database daily
· Maintain cash and assists with the preparation of the daily deposit
· Receive animal complaint calls and dispatch animal control field officers
· Keep a complete and accurate log of all animal control calls received, dispatched, and the disposition of calls
· Provide quality photos of impounded animals upon arrival
· Scan impounded animals for microchips and communicate findings to proper staff
· Maintain order and cleanliness in the front intake lobby including, but not limited to, the work and counter area, seating area and floors
· Cross train with other administrative staff
· Assist in daily operations and maintenance of the Animal Resource Center and in impoundment of animals received from citizens at the Animal Resource Center
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit our website www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.