Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing medical assistance to providers, assisting with patient flow and medical issues; following clinic protocols and providing excellent customer-friendly care to patients.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $15.77
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· Completion of Medical Assistant training program through an accredited institution
· Certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA). Must provide proof of the required certification.
· Must maintain certification during employment
· Bilingual in Spanish required
· Current BLS Certification
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· In accordance with established clinic redesign procedures, prepares patients and documents in the electronic medical record for provider visit
· Meets with providers at beginning of each day to anticipate patient needs such as lab work and screening tests
· Accompany patients to exam/procedure rooms and assist with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam/procedure
· Collects patient history, family medical history, performs medication reconciliation, surgical history, verify allergies, social history, diagnostic history and enters information in the electronic medical record
· Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit
· Collects and records vital signs including pain scale for all ages in electronic medical record
· Conducts hearing and vision screening, leap foot exams, ear lavages, peak flow, and EKGs, and records in electronic medical record
· Assists provider with physical exam
· Performs approved POCT lab tests as trained and performs appropriate controls on waived tests as assigned by the charge nurse
· Collect and prepare specimen for laboratory analysis
· Stocks exam rooms with non-expired supplies at the end of each day
· Cleans exam rooms at the beginning of each day, after each patient, and at the end of the day
· Works cooperatively with staff in all CHW’S clinic service areas to enhance productivity and patient flow, decrease patient waiting times, and implement approved redesign procedures
· Communicates open rooms to the charge nurse
· May translate information to and from patients, their family members, and staff
· Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
· Properly disposes of biohazard waste
· Responds appropriately to emergency codes
· Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.