Home Health Clinical Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Nursing Supervisor is a registered professional nurse who assists in ensuring the quality of patient/client care in the home. The primary function is to coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/client, family and referring agency. Administrators skilled nursing care for patients/clients of all ages in their place of residence and assumes responsibility for continuity, appropriateness, and quality of services delivered. Directs clinical staff with regard to agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises and provides direction and leadership to clinical nursing and aide personnel to ensure quality and continuity of services.
- May perform staff competency assessment including aide competency evaluation.
- Promotes the philosophy, mission, and administrative policies of the Agency.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Provides ongoing assessment of home health patients/clients to identify the physical, psycho-social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
- Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient/client, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Competently performs patient/client care assignments and staff management activities.
- Coordinates services. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's/client's condition and needs. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care. Integrates orders from all relevant physicians involved into the plan of care and ensures the orders are approved by the responsible physician.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. Provides care using infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient/client.
- Provides patient/client, caregiver, and family counseling.
- Provides patient/client and caregiver education.
- Prepares clinical notes. Assures continuity of quality patient/client care delivered with appropriate documentation.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third party payors, through education, coaching, and other assistance as necessary.
- Monitors systems and identifies problem areas to the Supervising Nurse.
- Monitors care to ensure compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies and third party payors.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and provides on-call service to patients/clients and their families as assigned.
- Participates in the Agency QAPI program.
- Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
- Current State License as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state license issued by a state member of the National Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) if practicing in a state member of the NLC, driver's license.
- Two years experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting and one year of home health experience. Management experience preferred.
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR.
- Reliable transportation and valid and current auto liability insurance.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.
Leadership Caregiving Nursing Competency Assessment Nurse Licensure Compact Registered Nurse Certified
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the contributions ...