Medical Assistant, I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assist in the care of patients under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction
- Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a provider or nurse/clinic manager.
- Triages patient concerns on-site, via telephone or electronic messaging
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information in patients' charts
- Assists providers in translation for patient examinations and procedures if needed
- Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the provider and/or nursing management team
- Obtain and discuss results of lab or diagnostic testing with provider. Communicates instructions regarding care to patients
- Performs appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures as required
- Assists in reviewing voicemails, ensuring proper follow-up is taken
- Follows all infection control, hand hygiene and PPE guidelines
- Prepares and stocks rooms (daily/weekly) and clinic supplies prior to visit as well as cleaning rooms appropriately between patients
- Delivers medical care in accordance with the Catholic Moral and Ethical Directives
- Follows all HIPAA and OSHA guidelines and regulations, including assisting HIPAA and OSHA Officers in ensuring compliance.
- Upholds established San José Clinic policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control
- Performs other related work as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- National Certified Medical Assisting Certificate
- Current CPR Training
- Minimum of 6 months experience in family practice or community health setting
- Ability to communicate with medical terminology in English and Spanish required
- Can demonstrate excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking and effective use of time
- Also able to handle and complete multiple tasks or project with multiple deadlines
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with public and all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate computer, copier fax, and scanners
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and practice management system software applications. (EMR as applicable)
- Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Can demonstrate effective customer relation skills, working with diverse populations, often in stressful fast paced environments
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for (long) periods of time
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally/frequently
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to respond to emergency/crisis situations
- Exposure to noise
- Exposure to blood and/or body fluids
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Providing comprehensive, affordable healthcare for Houston's uninsured since 1922.