Patient Services Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Schedules patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures and treatments. Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, prepayment and financial counseling to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas. Interprets and coordinates physician orders. Prepares and maintains appointment templates and/or patient records.
- Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times.
- Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers.
- Reliability: Communicates frequently, honestly and openly.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values.
- Safety: Models safe behavior (wears badge and personal protective equipment, washes hands, and keeps work area clean and orderly); Notices a safety concern or emergency, understands role and uses proper procedures to report it; Mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices; Demonstrates ethical and personal responsibility in work and behavior
- Responsiveness: By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Encourages learning, creativity and new ideas.
- Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative: Helps others to identify and solve problems; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Communication and Interaction Patient Interaction:
A. Greets patients, family members, faculty and other staff members upon arrival.
B. During wait times will physically and visually check on patients, assists them with any issues.
C. Provide the patient with correct information regarding their schedule and the preparations needed for their DI procedure. Provide printed information as requested or needed to patients.
D. Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
E. Advises patients and family members of available services.
F. Schedule patient diagnostic tests, procedures as needed
G. Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, and necessary preparations to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas.
H. Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and visitors.
Mobile Mammography Only:
A. Checks and returns messages accurately throughout the day.
B. CDL requirement - must obtain CDL within 12 months of hire date if no current CDL license.
C. Assists technologist with mobile mammography workflow.
Record Maintenance A. Updates relevant patient information in order to maintain an accurate patient record.
B. Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
C. Handles and processes a complex and varied series of documents and situations.
Financial Activities in accordance with established departmental processes A. Collects and process IPayment and reviews and reconciles patient charge documents in accordance with established departmental processes.
B. Enters technical charges as needed.
Other duties as assigned
Provide service to our customers, including patients, patient caregivers, referring physicians and each other, in a reliable, responsive, safe, friendly and courteous manner.
• Promotes inclusiveness and collegiality by demonstrating respect and professionalism to others at all times
• Models safe, ethical behavior, mitigating risk to the institution through sound business practices, and adherence to MD Anderson's Standards of Conduct, institutional policies and procedures
• Responds to requests in a timely manner, communicating expectations for procedures, service arrival, or project deliverables to patients and coworkers
• Admits when wrong, apologize and take steps to resolve a situation to help to patients and coworkers before being asked
Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization through skills demonstrated in communication, personalization of interaction, regulation of emotions, and problem solving.
Performance Statement Examples
- Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers either on the phone or in person. Shows interest in, actively listens to and responds in a clear and timely manner to customer's expressed needs.
- Focuses on the customer's results, rather than own. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers implement complete solutions through personalized service that anticipates the customer's unspoken needs.
- Delivers services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied by addressing the root cause of the issue. Problem solves with the patient, family member, care giver or clinical team to aid in proactively resolving issues and concerns.
- Provides to customers status reports and progress updates. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met.
Talks to customers (internal or external) with a pleasant tone to find out what they need and how satisfied they are with the service. Remains in control of own reactions and responds in a manner that demonstrates appropriate nonverbal cues and complements the customer's emotions in the situation. Recognizes when it is necessary to escalate situations to leadership to ensure customer satisfaction.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of relevant work experience. May substitute additional education for required experience on a one to one basis. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 142008
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Day/Evening
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 29,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,400
- Science Jobs: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.