Medical Assistant- Lead - Bissonnet Clinic
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical Assistant assists providers in all exams and minor office procedures; maintaining supply inventory in exam rooms; cleaning and sterilizing equipment; ordering and unpacking all supplies; giving injections and drawing blood.
- Create and coordinate weekly MA schedule/coverage.
- Order and track supplies.
- Inventory and monitor onsite medication for restocking and approved disposal method once expired.
- Tracking the care coordination desktop.
- Assist Nurse to ensure check list requirements are completed in accordance to organization and state regulations.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Phone consultation with clients regarding test results & health concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Medical Assistant or equivalent required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving healthy change in our communities.