Senior Clinical Navigator-FT Days-Clear Lake
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives (DOSI), the Senior Clinical Navigator assists in the training and management of the business development team to include Clinical Navigators, Physician Navigators, and other individuals as directed. Provides marketing support to Navigators and other business development team members at various hospitals and clinics as needed for sales presentations. Cultivates referral relationships, manages assigned territory, and makes sales contacts as well as analysis of referral and admission data from assigned territory. Works collaboratively with business development team members including the Director of Admissions and admission staff, and well as nursing and other internal and external staff to facilitate the referral conversion. Must be able to perform patient evaluations for admission to Post Acute Medical (PAM). Provides feedback and recommendations for program development and quality improvement initiatives related to customer service, the referral and admission process and patient and referral source satisfaction. Develops and maintains excellent relationships to all stakeholders including prospective patient, family members, physicians, ICU and floor nurses, discharge planners, case managers and payer representatives,
- Effectively serves an extension of the DOSI in the field assisting Clinical Navigators with marketing presentations, providing ongoing sales training to new and current Clinical Navigators, and assisting in the development of overall department marketing plans and strategies.
- Orients patient and/or family to facility services, including length of stay; educates, supports and serves as a resource to family members of current, past and potential patients.
- Communicates with facility admissions department and facility administrator on a daily basis to optimize census management and case finding strategies.
- Follows-up on all medical denials in person to re-evaluate potential for admission.
- Conducts exit interviews with patients prior to discharge from the PAM hospital or confers with hospital management after interviews to ensure feedback is obtained.
- Conducts follow up visits with referral facilities to ensure satisfaction and service levels were met.
- Identifies and educates new referral sources to PAM programs and services.
- Assesses and conveys stakeholder needs. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with providers through ongoing assessment and servicing of their client’s rehabilitation/LTAC needs.
- Schedules educational inservices to educate referral services about PAM programs and services; works closely with the PAM admissions department and DOSI to achieve targeted census goals and meet assigned objectives on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Provides or arranges educational presentations to referral sources (physicians, discharge planners), families and to the community members as requested.
- Coordinates and schedules professional, family and/or potential patient tours of all facilities.
- Gathers information on health care providers in the PAM service area and forwards to management, including opportunities for contracting with managed care companies and providers.
- Drafts press releases, coordinates media events, and advertising through the DOSI.
- Effectively and efficiently maintains contact management database (Upshot) to support Fast-Track admission process and system analysis of market trends for CARF requirements.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a health field, preferably nursing; current licensure in nursing or therapy is preferred.
- Prior marketing and/or rehabilitation/LTACH experience preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in healthcare marketing.
- Effective management and training skills related to marketing, sales and territory management.
- Excellent clinical and assessment skills.
- Effective presentation and training skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective crisis management skills, with demonstrated facilitation and problem solving experience.
- Effective team leadership skills.
- Knowledge of PPS payment/reimbursement systems.
- Knowledge of patient rights and commitment to patient advocacy.
- Ability to collect, documents, and analyze data.
- Word processing and data entry skills.
- Network access to community, state, and national resources and health services organizations.
- Excellent relationship management skills with referral sources and physicians.
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialty healthcare company providing high quality post-acute care for medically complex cases. LTAC | Wound Care | Brain Injury | PT-OT-Rehab | Vent...