Outpatient Admissions Coordinator (Clinic)-FT Days-Clear Lake
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Outpatient Admissions Coordinator is responsible for:
- Maintaining referral management and coordinating all outpatient services.
- Serving as lead support person for the hospital-based and/or freestanding outpatient clinic.
- Making recommendations to management regarding scheduling, hiring and performance management of clerical staff, where applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Outpatient Admissions Coordinator duties include:
- Logs in all referrals/inquiries on the outpatient daily log.
- Retrieves as much information as possible for the outpatient intake form.
- Documents what treatments are needed from the prescription.
- Notifies Therapist/ Administrator of referral to verify that referral for therapy services meet admission criteria.
- Follows-up and documents all referrals in 24 hours or less.
- Verify insurance benefits. Follows Verification of Benefits Policy & Procedure. In case of un-funded or under-funded clients, follow the Charity Care Policy & Procedure.
- Schedules patient’s initial visit within 48 hours of approval.
- Proper data entry into HMS on all required fields.
- Follows admission process matrix as assigned
- Assists the patient in completing Outcomes process for each discharge
- Ensure that proper documentation is sent to all necessary parties, i.e. Insurance Companies, Case Managers, Employers, and Physicians in a timely manner.
- Assists patient in completion of satisfaction survey at discharge
The Outpatient Office Coordinator must have:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Business or Technical School training is preferred.
- Strong medical terminology is required.
- More than one year experience in a medical office position or in a healthcare registration function.
- Must be familiar with ICD-9 coding and insurance verification
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialty healthcare company providing high quality post-acute care for medically complex cases. LTAC | Wound Care | Brain Injury | PT-OT-Rehab | Vent...