Market Director of Strategy and Integration
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Directs the referral development efforts of the Navigators. Responsible for oversight of the admission process through direct supervision of the Admissions Manager. Provides supervision and training for facility-based staff who have marketing, case finding and relationship management responsibilities. Implements system and market specific initiatives to support and achieve organizational goals.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve organizational goals.
• Serves as the primary liaison for referral sources and for physicians. Assists in the development of market specific strategies to support strategic plans and goals.
• Monitors daily, weekly, monthly and year-to-date trends (referral patterns from physicians, facilities and acute care discharge planners), stays abreast of market competition and adjusts case finding strategies to maximize staff resources and facilitate patient admissions. Provides monthly updates and communicates regularly with management to ensure strategies align with system goals.
• Conducts needs assessment surveys with key stakeholders (community, patients, families, physicians, referral sources and Post Acute Medical Board) to identify service needs and opportunities for program development. Documents feedback on WellSky.
• Sets expectations for staff to offer exemplary customer service.
• Develops and coordinates initial and ongoing sales training for Navigators to effectively transfer learning objectives and ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction with referral sources.
• Conducts bi-weekly marketing meetings with Navigators to ascertain market trends and evaluate key initiatives.
• Provides direct and/or indirect supervision, coaching, counseling, and performance appraisal for Navigators and Admissions Manager. Trains staffs to be effective in presentation, tours, and community outreach as needs are identified. Also provides back-up for Navigators as necessary.
• Provides in-service training and consultation to system staff on marketing efforts upon request.
• Communicates continually with management about marketing-related needs and activities.
II. Facility Marketing
• Directs facility marketing initiatives and referral finding strategies. Works collaboratively with Admissions to facilitate the referral process. Assists in providing options to referral sources for all denials. Assures all processes are followed according to plan and reports are filed in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates understanding of service offerings and facility capabilities and limitations; demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ services and compares and contrasts those with related Post Acute products and services.
• Trains staffs to be effective in presentation, tours, and community outreach as needs are identified.
• Provides regular and timely information about Post Acute Medical services to referral sources and the community through in person visits, presentations, tours, conferences and health screenings.
• Responds to and coordinates Navigators’ requests for in-service presentations to key referral or community groups and involves facility staff in making presentations in their areas of expertise.
• Insures that staff responds to inquiries made directly to the facility in a courteous and timely manner and facilitates follow-up by the appropriate liaison.
• Coordinates facility based in-services and events for referral source and community groups within time frames outlined in the marketing plan in a professional and courteous manner.
• Coordinates facility tours, involving facility staff and Navigators, as appropriate, according to the tour protocol, in a professional and courteous manner.
III. Program/Product Development
• Identifies opportunities for development of new services and program offerings, including new locations. Conducts market research to determine program feasibility.
• Understands basic business principles (e.g., profit/loss, cost benefit, general finance, and return on investment). Assists with feasibility studies and program development activities as requested.
• Identifies and implements marketing and staff education strategies and plans for approved new programs. Assesses effectiveness of such plans and modifies plans as necessary.
• Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows respect for people and their differences; works to understand perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best in others and in his/her team.
• Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires staff. Sets expectations. Recognizes achievements. Effectively manages conflict. Aligns dept. goals with company goals. Provides feedback, group leadership. Delegates appropriately. Evaluations completed on time.
• Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources. Appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values. Adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
• Problem-Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions. Conducts appropriate analysis. Searches for best solutions. Effectively and efficiently implements appropriate response to correct problem. Responds promptly and effectively to new challenges.
• Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions. Acts with integrity in all decisions. Distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information. Makes timely, appropriate decisions.
• Strategic Planning and Organizing: Understands company vision and aligns priorities accordingly. Measures outcomes. Uses feedback to redirect as required. Evaluates alternatives. Appropriately organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
• Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and all customers. Actively listens. Clearly and effectively shares information. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Negotiates effectively.
• Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high quality performance in self and the department. Delivers timely and accurate results. Resilient when responding to matters that are challenging. Takes initiative to make improvements.
• Leadership: Motivates others. Accepts responsibility. Maintains high morale in department. Develops trust and credibility. Expects honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
• Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration. Builds effective teams. Works in partnership with others. Is flexible. Responsive to the needs of others.
• Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement with professional organizations or continuing education.
V. Customer Service
• Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy, compassion and positive communication.
• Promotes the Mission and Vision of Post Acute Medical within the work environment and the community.
• Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
VI. Health and Safety
• Works in a manner that promotes safety; wears clothing appropriate to the performance of the job.
• Participates in OSHA required training.
• Follows universal precautions as appropriate for position; complies with Employee Health requirements for continued employment.
• Reports unsafe practices to management.
• Knows own role in case of an emergency.
Education and Training: Must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience and clinical training may be substituted.
Experience: Minimum of five years of progressive experience in healthcare sales/marketing. Previous management experience helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Team player with effective coaching and training skills to lead and motivate staff
• Strong interpersonal skills; proven relationship management skills with physicians, staff and referral sources
• Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience utilizing MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint software programs
• Effective decision-making skills; ability to understand and produce usable data for marketing response to community needs
• Aptitude to learn and understand Post Acute’s service offerings, programs and data management tools for positioning system services
• Effective problem-solver with ability to think outside the box to find solutions for customers
• Ability to work in an unstructured setting
• Experience or aptitude to learn and understand PPS guidelines for reimbursement and marketing purposes.
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialty healthcare company providing high quality post-acute care for medically complex cases. LTAC | Wound Care | Brain Injury | PT-OT-Rehab | Vent...