HIV Prevention Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking an HIV Prevention Specialist!
This position is responsible for safeguarding the citizens of Galveston, Brazoria and Matagorda County from sexually transmitted diseases by providing prevention counseling, condom distribution and testing to at-risk populations. You'll be part of a collaborative team, working with a diverse population, including persons of color, persons who exchange sex, injection and non-injection drug users, youth-at-risk, women at-risk, man engaging in same gender sex, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgenders and other diverse populations.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing Retirement Package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $20.70
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, GRANT FUNDED POSITION **
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.
· 2+ years of work experience with the LGBTQI community
· 1+ years of work experience in a HIV/AIDS and STI related field, preferred
· Experience coordinating community activities and projects, preferred
· Phlebotomy certification or the ability to acquire Phlebotomy certification within six (6) weeks of employment
· Successful completion of Foundations of HIV Counseling and Testing course – within six (6) months from date of employment
· Knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS infection
· Must be able to communicate at different levels with infected individuals and maintain confidential information
· Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor client reviews
· Familiar with social media
· Bilingual in Spanish helpful
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas and dependable transportation
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Implements education initiatives and condom distribution in targeted areas
· Seeks venues and sites for providing counseling and testing to at-risk populations
· Ensure client confidentiality
· Maintains client’s records according to established procedures by DSHS
· Obtains blood samples for testing according to protocol
· Perform data processing and analysis
· Perform data entry of all lab testing results into the SAMS CDC data system as required by grant
· Collect, process and send urine specimens to the lab for processing
· Assist in the HCC clinic in Galveston and Texas City
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.