Bilingual Patient Services Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to assist Galveston County residents with eligibility and enrollment? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a Bilingual Patient Services Specialist!
The right candidate will be responsible for checking-in clients for appointments, accurately performing financial transactions, verifying insurance coverage, verifying application information and documents, financially screening patients for discounted services while following applicable procedures for the insured and uninsured.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $15.02
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· 1+ years of experience in a health care setting providing cashiering, customer service and eligibility, preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish required
· Knowledge of general office procedures, insurance plans, and various federal and state programs helpful
· Must be able to work at both clinic Texas City and Galveston locations
· Must be able to work Late Clinic hours and Saturday Clinic on a rotation
· Must be able to be flexible to meet daily shift priorities
· Cashiering experience preferred
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Provides financial screening services
· Assesses a client’s eligibility for services based on established program and financial requirements
· Interviews patients to determine if eligible for discounted services based on federal and/or state guidelines
· Determines the patient’s appropriate financial responsibility based on information supplied and registers and updates patients by entering and scanning required documentation into the NextGen electronic practice management system (EPM)
· Assesses patient eligibility for various State programs (i.e. Title V Child Health and Dental Services Program, Healthy Texas Women, etc.)
· Provides check-in services
· Verify patient information in computer before checking in patient
· Task patient to financial screening as needed
· Verify insurance via claim Claim Remedi or telephone number for insured
· Collect co-pay or down payment from patient for medical and dental visits
· Record payment to patients account and issue patient receipt
· Balance the cash drawer and receipts daily
· Close NextGen posting batch daily
· Handle moderate to large sums of money and give change as needed
· Monitor workstation supply status and inform supervisor if supplies need to be restocked
· Translating as needed in business area only
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.