ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR - Viral Hepatitis Prevention Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Houston Health Department is actively searching for a skilled individual to perform comprehensive planning and analyses for the Bureau of HIV/STD and Viral Hepatitis Prevention. This position reports to the HIV Program Manager and will coordinate viral hepatitis prevention programs within Houston and Harris County.
Job duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of a viral hepatitis elimination plan in collaboration with community stake holders.
- Coordinate the Viral Hepatitis Elimination Technical Advisory Committee to assist in the development of goals, objectives, priority populations, logical models, and actions plans.
- Develops planning methods for expanding health services in the community.
- Plans and develops procedures for collecting and using demographic and vital statistical data.
- Assists with the development and tracking progress of program goals and objectives.
- Interprets health data into relevant communication health materials for various audiences, including leadership, staff, providers, consumers, and general public.
- Develops evaluation techniques to be used in planning various types of health services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with providers of services, consumer services and other planning activities.
- Develops and presents health education information to community partners and organizations through training sessions, community meetings, and special events
- Applies qualitative research techniques, health planning models, and evaluation frameworks in planning various types of health service and health promotion activities.
- Assists in programmatic strategic planning including in the development of goals, objectives, milestones and performance metrics.
- Serves as the HHD liaison to the Houston Viral Hepatitis Task Force.
- Work collaboratively with Bureau leadership in the facilitation of prevention task forces, community advisory groups and other community engagement efforts.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or a related field.
Five (5) years of administrative experience are required.
Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the above education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
• Working knowledge of Viral Hepatitis and HIV (history, epidemiological profile, transmission, prevention, treatment, sociopolitical issues)
• Demonstrated experience working in the Viral Hepatitis prevention, care and/or treatment field
• Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience working with professional and clinical staff
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to work comfortably with communities highly impacted by Hepatitis and HIV, including but not limited to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) individuals, gender non-conforming individuals, people who inject drugs, etc.
SELECTION / SKILSS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
This position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
SALARY INFORMATION GRANT FUNDED POSITION
Grants & Special fund positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade: 24
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4632.
If you need special services or accommodations, 832-393-4632 (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
$58,000.00 - $75,000.00 Annually
8000 N. Stadium, TX
Houston Health Department
8/5/2021 11:59 PM Central
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".