This job is no longer accepting applications.
Case manager will assess survivors needs, connect to appropriate services, and advocate to ensure the provision of comprehensive services which meet the identified needs/goals. The case manager will implement services with a trauma-informed, evidence-based and client-centered approach while assisting clients to working toward self-sufficiency.
Monday Friday (One late night)
9 am 6 pm
Local Travel: 25%
- Provide pro-active Case Management which include but not limited to: Motivational interviewing, crisis intervention, evaluating/assessing clients to determine their needs, connecting clients with services, such as financial assistance, counseling or health care, assisting clients in developing plans for addressing their long-and-short term needs and goals, following up with clients to make sure that they are getting the supportive services that they need by establishing a system of weekly contacts with clients.
- Network with community organizations to provide appropriate referrals for client needs.
- To help break down barriers, Mobile Advocacy may be required. This includes meeting the client in the community at home, work or other safe places, etc. and accompany clients to appointments as needed.
- Provide information on housing placement and intakes for clients entering into the housing program. Perform tasks necessary for clients to access housing including determining eligibility, collecting documentation, contacting property management, etc.
- Maintain accurate records, reports, and files
- Work towards constantly improving skills/knowledge related to job duties by seeking appropriate workshops, seminars and conferences to attend.
- Assist Coordinator on maintaining program budget.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning client services and programming.
- Mandatory Reporter: report suspected and prior abuse/neglect to either Child Protective services or Adult Protective Service when appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education: Bachelors degree in psychology, social work, sociology, or other social sciences
Experience: One year experience with survivors of domestic and sexual violence diverse backgrounds
Language: Spanish preferred
Computer Skills: Experienced in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Outlook.
Certificates & Licenses: Texas drivers license with a good driving record; ability to travel to off-site locations utilizing personal transportation, if applicable
Ability to stand and walk around for extended periods of time is required. Employee will also need to need to squat or bend, reach outward or upward to effectively discharge job duties.
Job incumbent must be able to lift/carry and/or push/pull up to 40 lbs.
Essential Function Statement
The Houston Area Womens Center has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions are included with the tasks. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Mission: The Houston Area Women's Center works to end domestic and sexual violence and supports all in building safe and healthy lives through advocacy, counseling, education, shelter and support services.
The primary work location for the incumbent in this position is at the agency's education and administration building and in the field
EOE Statement: Houston Area Womens Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other illegal grounds
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, tasks or skills. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by manager as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the agency reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the agency may deem appropriate. Should such duties become routine, the description may be revised at any time.
HAWC - Houston, TX
4 Year Degree
Up to 25%
Nonprofit - Social Services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HAWC works to end domestic and sexual violence.