LMSW Medical Case Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Licensed Medical Social Worker performs comprehensive psychosocial assessments and formulates diagnosis of social, emotional, mental health, and substance abuse problems; develops treatment plans for each client; monitoring plan to ensure its implementation; and educates client regarding wellness, medications, and health care compliance. Serves as an advocate for the client and provides case management and ensures linkage to mental health, substance abuse and other client services indicated by diagnosis or clinical needs. Will work in a Federally Qualified Healthcare Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Communicates with others (internally and externally) to provide, exchange, or verify information, answer questions, and address issues of clients.
- Accomplishes assessments and diagnosis to determine the need for social treatment, establishes treatment goals, and selects appropriate social work treatment techniques, on the basis of problems and needs of clients and families/caregiver(s), which will be most effective.
- Develops specific clinic or program treatment goals such as (1) developing communication patterns with members of other disciplines, and (2) determining priorities for services and the method of services (whether in areas of direct service, consultation, or participant teaching).
- Maintaining objectivity and self-discipline to avoid emotional involvement in situations that can be frequently emotional and high-charged.
- Keeping abreast of new knowledge and techniques related to the practice of social work and new medical treatment modalities as they might affect the social adjustment or lifestyle of clients via literature, professional settings, and staff development activities.
- Documents services provided in client record and CPCDMS database or other database(s). Performs quality management/assurances activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Job Related Requirements:
- Licensed Bachelor Level Social Worker must have at least one year of paid experience. Licensed Master Level Social Worker preferred within the human services field required.
- Must be able to assess, provide treatment planning and supportive information and referrals. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Continuing Education and Requirements:
Participates in trainings required by the agency and funding source. Must secure CEUs annually to maintain licensure and provides copies of CEUs to HR.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
No matter what path you are on, we're here to support you on your #healthcare journey.