This job is no longer accepting applications.
Serve as youth prevention counselor, responsible for providing prevention services to residents of Houston, Harris County and surrounding areas. Reports to the Program Manager and interacts closely with other staff and community members in matters relating to daily operations.
- Provide alcohol and other drug abuse prevention services to youth and their family members residing in the Houston, Harris County, including drug education and information presentations as needed.
- Documents activities, follow-up questionnaires of program participants, and compiles monthly statistical reports on services provided.
- Respond to requests for information and makes appropriate referrals to community resources.
- Is available to provide prevention services 37.5 hours per week as assigned, adjusting schedule as needed to accommodate needs of community participants.
- Inventories and maintains program supplies.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related discipline required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Facilitated groups to children (3rd grade – 9th grade)
- Classroom management skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred and culturally sensitive to the needs of the community
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Punctual and accurate in submitting monthly statistical reports on services provided
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Able to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
- Needs reliable transportation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston's leading non-profit provider of prevention, education, treatment, & recovery for alcoholism, drug addiction, & co-occurring mental health dis...