Medical & Case Management Case Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical & Case Management Case Worker will have the unique opportunity to work with the Refugee Services team. This role is responsible for providing case management services that address multiple, varied client needs such as accessing public benefits, medical care follow-up, emergency service and orientation, and cultural adjustment services.
- Work closely with RS staff to remove client barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Conduct outreach to enroll clients in the Social Adjustment and Medical Case Management programs.
- Enter client information in RS database and Refugee Data Center.
- Document all activities provided in client case file and RS database and Refugee Data Center as required by program guidelines.
- Provide information, referral, and hands-on assistance to clients to resolve a variety of needs.
- Help clients to apply for Food Stamps, Medicaid, CHIP, Gold Card, SSI, and other public benefits.
- Assist clients with medical appointments, going to the doctor, getting medications, and follow up.
- Follow up with clients and report each client’s progress to the supervisor and Refugee Services Staff.
- Refer refugee families to Employment, Match Grant, RCA, ESL and other appropriate programs.
- Assess clients with special problems and make appropriate referrals to solve such problems in order to sustain and achieve self-sufficiency.
- Maintain case files on each client served and document all activities per program guidelines.
- Compile and submit reports as required by program guidelines.
- Provide interpretation and transportation to clients as needed.
- Pick up refugees at the airport if needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A high school diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in case management or with refugee/immigrant populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in one of the refugee languages (Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili, Lingala, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi) is required.
- Must enjoy working in a diverse office environment with clients of all backgrounds.
- Energetic, self-motivated team player.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High degree of independent judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some late nights and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to drive 12 passenger van
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IM for Greater Houston connects people for dialogue, collaboration and service. Meals on Wheels, Refugees Services, Interfaith Relations, Volunteer Ho...