Customer Service Assistant Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assist during the Call Center and Lobby Customer Service phase of new hire training. The Customer Service Assistant Supervisor works as a peer coach to assist new hires in navigating through and identifying information within the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) and Public Housing Operations programs. The Customer Service Assistant Supervisor is available to answer questions, and role models appropriate behavior. The Customer Service Assistant Supervisor will provide timely and accurate feedback to new Customer Service Representatives (CSR), assist with training delivery and preparation, spend time taking incoming customer calls, assist clients in the lobby and deliver continuing education under the direction of the Call Center Supervisor. Reports to the Call Center Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service Representatives using monitoring software and telephone equipment.
- Manage Call Center or Lobby in Supervisor's absence.
- Effectively coach and develop new CSR's in the HCVP Call Center and Lobby during new hire training.
- Coach new employees and gain their commitment to the flawless execution of Houston Housing Authority's HCVP and Public Housing Operations programs.
- Ensure by peer coaching new employees understand the customer service mission, vision, values, and initiatives of HCVP and Public Housing Operations.
- Achieve and maintain significant customer service center operations, processes, new hires, and continuing education training, methods, and procedures.
- Ensure the new CSR's are meeting the new hire expectation before they are released from the probationary period.
- Assist new Call Center CSR's in call handling guidelines.
- Assist new Lobby CSR's in understanding and executing lobby procedures.
- Answer general questions and give suggestions to improve call quality.
- Assist Call Center Supervisor and or Customer Service Operations Manager with a debriefing session with new hire class during new hire phase.
- Assist with escalated customer calls.
- Support the call center floor through phone time as a priority when new hire coaching or training is unnecessary.
- Provide one on one assistance and feedback to new hires.
- Assist Call Center Supervisor with monitoring HCVP and Call Center Process compliance and administrative functions during training and on the Call Center floor.
- Provide peer coaching and mentoring to current employees.
- Performs quality control on ten RFTA's that have been submitted and forward to OnBase weekly.
- Train refresher CSR Review Processes classes when necessary.
- Works both remotely and in the office.
- Work hours include evenings and weekends.
- When needed, supervises the customer service staff in the lobby.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Houston Housing Authority policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Skilled in supervising, coordinating employees, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Skilled in operating a personal computer, telephone equipment, copy machine, fax machine, and other office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, residents, and agents of the public and private social service agencies.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with high school or equivalent completion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Communicate and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and residents.
COMPLEXITY / SCOPE OF WORK
- The employee performs a variety of tasks that are primarily routine and repetitive. Other duties, such as those related to dealing with people, may be more challenging because those require tact, sensitivity, comprehension, and compassion.
- The employee's work primarily involves and affects the customer service provided by the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The employee's successful accomplishment of duties greatly enhances the Houston Housing Authority's ability to meet its overall mission.
- The employee performs routine duties by following established Houston Housing Authority policies and procedures and other guidelines such as HUD regulations. The guidelines cover most job-related situations, but the employee may occasionally be required to use independent judgment in making decisions.
- Receives oral and written directions from the Call Center Supervisor.
- The employee assists in the training and supervision of the Customer Service Representatives.
- The employee has regular contact with departmental supervisors and other Houston Housing Authority employees, owners, and residents. Intermittently, the employee has contact with regulatory agency personnel and personnel from other Authorities, state and local agencies, contractors, and business firms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is principally sedentary but may involve some physical exertion, such as kneeling or crouching to obtain files and eyestrain from working with computers and other office equipment.
- Work involves the usual risks and discomfort associated with an office environment, usually in an adequately cooled, heated, lighted, and ventilation area.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, and four (4) years of a combination of industry experience, customer service, clerical and computer experience with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous Housing Choice Voucher experience preferred.
- Previous Call Center supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish strongly preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Job Title:
- Customer Service Assistant Supervisor
- 2640 FOUNTAIN VIEW DR
- STE 400
- Houston, TX, 77057
- United States
- Employee Type:
- Required Degree:
- High school
- Manage Others:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston Housing Authority provides affordable homes and services to more than 58,000 low-income Houstonians.