Client Case Manager I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
1. Manage the life cycle of the clients to include but not limited to ministry, developing their short and long-term objectives, holding them accountable, handling and resolving grievances, discipline and (if appropriate) termination.
2. Consult with client on a weekly (more often as necessary) basis to establish goals, update progress and discuss needs. Document all client interaction at the close of each case management session. Action plans and goals should be discussed with clients and goals should be entered into the HMIS system for accountability.
3. Ensure accurate entry of all services provided, counseling notes and other relevant data into the HMIS Database within 48 hours of the client interaction and before the last day of the month to ensure reporting accuracy.
4. Participate in regular staffing meetings with other program staff.
5. Refer clients with specific needs to the appropriate counselor or program.
6. Enforce program guidelines and core values among all clients.
7. Screen clients for drug and alcohol use to establish a baseline and accountability for sobriety.
8. Conduct monthly Apartment inspections for the clients on the case load and record results in HMIS/Client Track.
9. Participate in trainings as assigned.
10. Assume the responsibility of all clients by promptly responding to any unsafe situations.
Other Job Responsibilities:
1. Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate
2. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience: B.A. or B.S. in Social Science or related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 years working experience in the field of Social Science as a Case Manager preferably with those with mental health problems. Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Average to above aptitude in counseling and conflict resolution.
Be able to work respectfully, professionally and in a Christ-like manner with everyone, able to maintain required residents/staff boundaries and possess a willingness to serve the Lord in a ministry that deals with homeless men, women and children.
Equipment Used: PC with word processor, spreadsheet and data bases software. Ability to drive a 12-passenger van. (Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record and current liability insurance required).
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Social Services or related field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Star of Hope is a Christ-centered community dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women and their children.