Certified Medical Assistant (closing 8.21.21)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical Assistant will perform various office and clinical duties to maintain the healthcare practice efficiently. The Medical Assistant will work directly with nursing staff to preserve and maintain a high level of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requests and processes medical records and record requests.
- Assists in scheduling/managing outside appointments for youth.
- Performs laboratory specimen collection and documentation.
- Obtains and documents routine vital signs.
- Performs hearing and Snellen eye exams.
- Supervises/chaperones youth during sick call.
- Collects and maintains immunization records.
- Administers immunizations per recommend dosing schedule.
- Performs Vaccine for Children vaccine ordering and auditing for the program.
- Contacts guardians, facilities, and residential placements for medical information.
- Assists in the completion of placement packets and release forms.
- Assists with audit preparation and chart review.
- Inventories external and internal medications, and maintains Par levels of clinic supplies by assisting in the ordering process.
- Creates, maintains, and updates databases and/or spreadsheets of information specific to the department.
- Extracts, analyzes, and reports statistical data.
- Indexes and catalogs youth/medical photographs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position involves working with challenging youth where use of Crisis Intervention and De-Escalation strategies may be necessary to ensure the safety of both youth and staff.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
Must pass the "Clerical Skills Test" with a minimum score of 85%
See General Information tab below for test instructions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Equivalent; and
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and possess/maintain liability insurance in at least the minimum amounts required by law.
- Every employee is subject to random testing for drug and alcohol or if there is a reasonable suspicion to believe that the employee is under the influence of a substance prohibited by this policy while in the course and scope of employment.
- All new employees are required to undergo and pass a physical examination administered by the Department Approved Contract Physician. At the time of the physical, applicants must present evidence of a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. In the event of a positive test, the applicant will be required to provide additional documentation.
- Upon receiving a conditional job offer, every applicant undergoes a criminal background check, drug screening, an achievement test, and psychological and physical examinations.
- If public emergency is declared by county, staff could be assigned to other duties and/or facilities and/or under the supervision of another county department.
Certified copies of transcripts of educational credentials and/or college credits will be required during hiring process.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Juvenile Justice Center (1200 Congress)- Medical/Health Services
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Flexible/Includes Late Nights and Weekends
- Commensurate With Experience
- Based On 26 Pay Periods
Online testing is available for this position
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE HARRIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION DEPARTMENT. DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!