Medical Assistant - Bilingual
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the care of patients under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering injections including vaccines and medications, operating EKG machine, and operating Autoclave machine
- Lab Procedures and inhalation therapy
- Triaging patient calls
- Lab recall procedure
- Performing tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue
- Assisting providers with the screening of patients by obtaining vital signs, & chief complaint(s)
- Maintaining examination rooms to ensure they are neat/clean and stock exam rooms per Provider’s request
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments and ensuring that all sterilized instruments be re-sterilized before the expiration date
- May assist Providers with minor procedures or exams
- Keeping Medication and Urgent rooms clean and restocked as needed.
- Assisting Providers in translating for patients for examinations or procedures
- Educating patients at the direction of Provider.
- Data entry of patient demographic information into the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Performing blood draws.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- National Certified Medical Assisting Certificate preferred
- Current CPR Training
- Minimum of 6 months experience in pediatric practice or community health setting
- Ability to communicate with medical terminology in English and Spanish required
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously, and efficiently with the public and all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, and fax machine
- Experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EPIC) software applications.
- Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Can demonstrate effective customer relation skills, working with diverse populations, often in stressful fast-paced environments
- Can demonstrate organizational skills, multi-tasking, and effective use of time
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Job type: Full-time
- Pay: From $14 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Medical Specialty: Primary Care
- Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY
Vecino Health Centers is seeking a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Medical Assistant for its Denver Harbor Family Clinic located at 424 Hahlo Street, Houston, TX 77020.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality #healthcare for Houston's working families at Vecino's Denver Harbor Family Clinic and Vecino's Airline Children's Clinic #Houston.