Senior Call Center Representative – Member Services – The Health Plan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are searching for a Senior Call Center Representative— someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care setting. In this position, you will serve as a member and/or provider advocate that understands the organization's processes, policies, and procedures to investigate, resolve and/or facilitate the resolution of simple to complex issues/questions. You will be the first point of contact for assistance or information regarding eligibility, benefits, authorizations, claims, referrals and/or any other member/provider demands.
Lastly, you will assist and advocate for members and/or providers throughout the complaint and appeal process and support members with timely appointment scheduling.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a secondary resource to Call Center Representatives in the absence of the Team Lead and responds to escalated calls and triages to management, if necessary
- Identify and handle a variety of routine to complex customer or prospect inquiries or requests
- Educate members about their health coverage benefits and services and empowering members/providers by directing them toward available resources for self-help
- Meet Senior Member Service Representative performance goals for customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and all performance metrics
- Ensure all HIPAA and state privacy and confidentiality requirements/regulations are adhered to at all times
- File complaints and appeals on behalf of members and providers within the regulatory timeframe and in compliance with departmental policies and procedures
Texas Children’s Health Plan offers the ability to telecommute for qualified applicants that are eager to offer exceptional support by assisting inbound and outbound callers
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience within call center setting, managed care or insurance industry or
- A Bachelor's degree may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience
- must habe reliable high speed internet connection
**Bilingual Candidates Highly Preferred**
Position: Senior Call Center Representative – Member Services – The Health Plan
Talent Area: Administrative/Clerical
Shift: 7a - 7p Monday - Friday; 7a -12p/noon Saturday
About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.