Social Worker (Case Management) - The Health Plan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are searching for a Behavioral Health Social Work Case Manager -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assess, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual's health needs. This position provides comprehensive ongoing case management services by coordinating and managing care of high-risk members in order to meet multiple service needs across the continuum of care, ensure optimal member outcomes that address quality, service, customer satisfaction and cost-effectiveness. This role also assists the member/member's family in coping with illness by optimizing the member's/family's self-care abilities and supporting their consumer rights.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assesses, develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the member/family in internal and external settings
- Comprehensively assesses member’s biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, discharge planning needs and financial status
- Communicates continually with members/families, medical staff, caregivers, and primary HMO staff to facilitate appropriate, timely, and cost-effective care
- Serves as a liaison with community organizations involved in the interests of the maternity and pediatric population
- Assists internal and external Member Services and Case Managers by serving as a communication link and providing education on member issues and authorization process and status
- Completes all required annual education requirements and an annual interaction event with members
- Identify and report quality of care and quality of services issues and refer to appropriate Quality Management staff as evidenced in Event Tracking system
- Documents all activities and interactions in the electronic and event tracking systems
- A Master’s degree in social work required
- LMSW, LCSW, or LMSW-AP certification from the state of Texas required
- LCSW preferred
- 3-5 years clinical experience preferred (2 years required)
- Behavioral health/mental health experience preferred
About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Position: Social Worker (Case Management) - The Health Plan
Job ID: 155775
Department: Case/Disease Management
Talent Area: Social Worker
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: 8a - 5p
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.