This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Nutrition Educator provides nutrition education classes throughout the HFB service area to partner agencies, community partners, schools, churches, transitional living facilities, clinics, and in collaboration with other organizations both in-person and virtually online. Teaches nutrition classes using curriculum provided by the nutrition education department based on MyPlate, in compliance with SNAP-Ed guidelines, and other science- and evidence-based programs, coordinating with other staff and supervising dietetic interns or volunteers as needed. Aids in cultivating community partnerships. Keeps supervisor well informed of area activities and projects.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nutrition, Health Education, Education, Fitness/Exercise, Public Health or related field from an accredited college or university
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Any general teaching/instructing or culinary experience preferred
- Knowledge of current basic nutrition, physical activity, and health-related topics
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Publisher, SharePoint and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Able to communicate complex information clearly
- Attentive to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel
- Ability to operate computer, copier and other business equipment
- Competency with basic cooking skills and techniques
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.