Community Resource Navigator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Houston Food Bank’s Client Assistance Program is a member of the Community Partner Program (CPP). The CPP is a collaboration between the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and a statewide network of food banks; government, faith- and community-based agencies; and other social service organizations. Community Partners are trained and certified by HHSC to help low-income Texas apply for services using the HHSC online benefit portal, YourTexasBenefits.com. The Houston Food Bank’s Client Assistance Program (CAP) assists clients with applying for state public benefit programs such as SNAP (Formerly Food stamps), Medicaid, CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance program), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and other social benefits. Staff provide education, connection and empowerment through application assistance. CAP Community Resource Navigators are responsible for providing assistance at various sites in the community, through community events, over-the-phone, and at HFB’s main location and 11 surrounding counties.
- BA in Social Work, Social Sciences, Marketing, Business or closely related field preferred or 60+ college hours in a related field plus 2 years of related work providing case work or case management services to clients
- Must have a valid Government issued driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Experience in a social service agency preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook a must
- Ability to understand and follow directions and complete complex state benefits applications
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions such as add and multiply
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Able to communicate complex information clearly
- Attentive to detail
- Strong ethical character. Self-starter/self-motivated
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to work cooperatively and coordinate well with other departments, personnel, Volunteers and clients
- Ability to operate computer, copier and other business equipment
- Ability to organize work, time, and self
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and complying with deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to pass a background check administered by HHSC
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Community Resource Navigator
Houston, TX, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1234
APPLYTO COMMUNITY RESOURCE NAVIGATOR
Up to $41,750.00 Annually
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.